A clean, organised closet is the best. It simplifies one’s morning routine, and all the additional space provides him/her an excuse to expand the wardrobe or experiment with brand-new combinations. Below are the top closet organisation ideas that can successfully meet varying budgets and styles. Please check them out right now.
Utilise Draw Dividers
Whether one has an itty-bitty closet or Mariah Carey-style walk-in, dividers can help greatly. The experts providing the best handbag organizer said they are the cheapest and most versatile way to organise clothes and other accessories. When using drawer dividers, please keep in mind the following tips:
- Divide the items by types, such as sweaters, jeans, and dresses.
- Arrange the items based on bulk and height. The tops go on the shorter shelves or lower racks, pants go on a mid-level shelf or a hook rack, and long dresses and thick coats go on the high racks.
- For visual organisers, subdivide the items by colour.
- Ensure the high-use items are accessible and tuck the low-use items out of the way.
- Stick the accessories on the walls.
Go With a Purge
The key to a closet organisation project is to declutter and downsize first. People must cut down on their items to find spots for more essential items.
Tackle the huge real-estate items first. If one has a better space, one must move stuff such as camping gear, vacuum cleaners, and suitcases.
Make three heaps labelled – ‘Donate’, ‘Toss’, and ‘Keep’ to sort the existing items. One must donate the clothes, ornaments, and accessories they have not worn until six months. Toss unusable and damaged items. For the items one wishes to keep, please divide them by seasons. Winter gear and Halloween costumes can go elsewhere.
Choose Better Hanging and Folding Methods
After sectioning the different closet areas, it is time to try all the different hanging and folding techniques. Make the most of the valuable space in those shelves, drawers, and boxes. Here are a few ways to make the contents feel functional and elegant:
- Use stacking for the clothes on shelves only.
- For drawers, rely on the file or vertical folding method.
- Invest in special hangers for consolidating ties, scarves, and belts.
- Store small bags inside big bags.
- Nest bras inside of one another to save space.
Mount a Dresser Beneath the Hanging Items
A simple yet efficient upgrade to a closet, especially a small one, is to install a dresser beneath the hanging items. This frees up a lot of space in the bedroom while improving the storage options.
According to the experts providing high-quality storage bins in South Africa, organised closets enhance clarity and keep the mess at bay. They can also serve as an abode of serenity. Women love to have a place they can call their own, and for a few, the closet is their happy place.
Hope the discussion above was insightful and will help you to have a better understanding. In case of any suggestions or queries, please feel free to share with us below in the comment section with us to make it more interesting for others.